Monday, May 6, 2013

Back to the old trails // XC spin around Budapest

 
 
I'm spending 10 days holiday back in Hungary now and after 8 years I managed to have a proper mountain bike spin with my old racing buddy Gergely Torma. Luckily my family home is only about 45 minutes drive from Budapest, so I hopped in to the car and off I went on Friday morning to meet him at his workplace.
 
 
My machine for the day: Giant Anthem - massive thanks to Alpinbike for this brilliant bike
 
Old friends catching up, it's always great indeed. After we got everything ready we were on our way to hit some of the coolest trails around Budapest and to re-live many of our 10 years old racing memories together.
 
 
The Dudes :)
 
 
As an experienced tour guide my mate knew all the local trails & all the hidden shortcuts. It was absolutely deadly! Rocking on the old XC race course, getting all the 'aul rocky climbs done and havin' great fun on the super-mega-uber steep descents! And as a bonus we did all this in about 25 degrees! Can't beat it! :)
 
 
The best view on a Friday morning
 

The machines are resting whilst we picked up some fresh water
 
Little bit of a climb
 
On the top of the climb
 

Another great spot, was slippery though
 
There was a wooden door behind me, next time we should check it out what's behind it :)
 
The Two Pedros AKA. The Skinny Ones :)
 
 
So, there is only one thing I can say about this spin, or... actually there's loads more than only one thing! It was brilliant!! Simply amazing to ride on all those trails and visit all those places where I haven't been for so long. I used to do my training spins around these mountains and to visit and recognise the trails, the climbs, the drops was just simply priceless to me. And to be able to do all this with an old friend made the spin even more special! I hope we can do spins like this in the future! 
 
I'd like to say thank you to the Aplinbike bike shop ( www.alpinbike.hu ) for the demo bike for the day, I really appreciate your help guys! Also massive thanks to my mate Gergely Torma for sorting out all this for me!
 
We had a great Alpinbike - Team ThinkBike spin around Budapest and I'm hoping to pull an even better Team ThinkBike - Alpinbike spin together in the Wicklow Mountains some day soon!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment